Doctoral Consortium Call for Papers
The AIxIA Doctoral Consortium (DC) is offered as part of the Conference of the Italian Association for Artificial Intelligence (AIxIA), that will take place at University of Udine, Italy on November 28 - December 2, 2022. The DC provides an opportunity for Ph.D students to explore and develop their research interests in the Artificial Intelligence field, in the broader sense, under the guidance of a panel of distinguished researchers from both academia and industry. Attending students will have the opportunity to present their work in a dedicated session during the conference.
AIxIA Doctoral consortium main objectives are the following:
- Provide a supportive setting for feedback on students’ current research and guidance on future research directions.
- Offer each student comments and fresh perspectives on their own work from faculty and students outside their own institution, taking advantage of mentorship opportunities.
- Promote the development of a supportive community of scholars and a spirit of collaborative research.
- Contribute to the conference goals through interaction with other researchers and conference events.
We accept contributions from:
- students regularly enrolled in some Ph.D. program;
- students enrolled in the first National PhD Program in Artificial Intelligence;
- students / master’s holders not yet enrolled in a Ph.D. program, but strongly motivated to enroll in the next future.
Every contribution should be in the form of up to 6 page extended abstracts including references, in Springer LNCS format. Students with accepted extended abstracts are invited to give an oral presentation of their work during the Doctoral Consortium, and to prepare a visual abstract to be included in the conference website. The authors of the accepted works are requested to attend the Doctoral Consortium and to register to the main conference.
Topics of interest
Applicants are expected to be conducting research in the field of Artificial Intelligence; topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
- AI and digital entertainment
- AI applications
- AI architectures
- AI in Learning Environments
- Big Data
- Cognitive modeling
- Cognitive Robotics
- Constraint Satisfaction
- Experimentation of Combinatorial Algorithms
- Human Computer Interaction
- Information Agents
- Information Retrieval and Extraction
- Knowledge Acquisition
- Knowledge Engineering
- Knowledge Representation
- Learning in adaptive systems
- Machine Consciousness
- Machine learning
- Mathematical Foundations
- Metacognition in Artificial Agents
- Multiagent Systems, Distributed AI
- Natural Language Processing
- Philosophical Foundations
- Planning and Scheduling
- Semantic Web
- Smart Cities
- Soft and Evolutionary Computing
- Temporal Reasoning
- Web and Data Mining
We invite the submission of research papers, where a special attention should be dedicated towards the contextualization of the contribution within the research area it belongs to, as well as to how the contribution fits within the Ph.D. programme.
We accept original, unpublished works not submitted elsewhere, as well as papers already published (including papers submitted to the main AIxIA conference, which will be treated separately). We encourage also submissions of preliminary works that survey the state-of-the-art of a specific problem and propose a plan of ongoing investigation activities. All submissions must be written in English and must be formatted according to the Springer Publications format for Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS), please refer to http://www.springer.com/computer/lncs/lncs+authors.
The only accepted format for submitted papers is PDF. The maximum submission length is 6 pages (A4).
Paper submission will be handled electronically by means of the CMT system. The submission page is available at https://cmt3.research.microsoft.com/DCAIxIA2022. Accepted Papers based on original work will be included in the DC proceedings published on-line by CEUR after the conference.
Already published papers will appear as a link to the previous publication in the DC proceedings published by CEUR.
The authors of the accepted papers must attend the DC and must be registered to the AIxIA Conference.
Submission Deadline: October 10th, 2022
Acceptance Notification: October 24th, 2022
Doctoral Consortium Days: November 28th or 29th, 2022
Best Student Paper Award
The Best Student Paper awards will be conferred at the conference on the author of the Doctoral Consortium best paper.
Doctoral Consortium Co-Chairs
- Gabriella Cortellessa (Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, Rome, Italy)
- Luca Di Gaspero (Università degli Studi di Udine, Udine, Italy)